We walk the greyhounds every day meeting at kennels at 1.15pm and set off in small groups at 1:30 pm
Anyone interested in walking the greyhounds MUST make contact with us and add their name to the rota on the pinned post on our facebook page, and also indicate if a new walker. Joe Bradford, our Walking Co-ordinator will provide more information/guidance if required and can be contacted via the facebook page.
Makants Greyhound Rescue is based at Makants Farm, Mort Lane, Tyldesley, M29 8PF
View location in googlemaps.
- For insurance purposes children under 10 years old are not allowed on the walk.
- Walkers must dress for the weather conditions and wear appropriate walking footwear
- Our walks usually last between 1 hour and 1:30 hours.
- Walkers must keep a firm grasp of the lead(s) at all times - you will be advised of the correct use of lead(s)
- Any muzzles must remain in place for the duration of the walk
- As a prerequisite volunteers must read in full our walking guidelines which can be found under the ‘walking the greys’ tab on our website www.makantsgreyhoundrescue.co.uk
- If you need to contact Siobhan at kennels her number is 07960 561 988
- IMPORTANT: Please be aware
- The majority of our greyhounds are recently retired from racing and have little experience of the outside world , walkers must therefore remain vigilant and aware of their surroundings at all times. These dogs are not yet pets, they are in a transition stage, and may react to other breeds of dog or unfamiliar situations.